Fit Pastors Academy 2.0
As you know we created 1.0 as a simple launching pad, a very basic foundation for helping ministry leaders get educated and encouraged to start a journey of health and weight loss. Twelve weeks really just skims the surface and creates some momentum but really we want them to continue the journey and not see this as a weight-loss program but a pursuit of lifestyle change, thus we needed to create another online course which helps them further that journey.
2.0 is more about developing habits for maintenance, but many will continue to experience weight loss as needed. We want to dive deeper in this course and challenge them more and go in depth on the tires. I ran the book “The Slightest Edge” highly recommend it and it really defines 2.0 as helping people make small daily choices, small deposits every day, to get them to the ultimate goal of lifestyle health.
Here’s a Breakdown of Everything You Get…
MODULE 1: “Does My Exterior Have Credibility?”
- You will hear straight from our heart regarding the topic of credibility in ministry.
- We will share openly conversations we’ve had with atheists, as well as pastors on this subject.
- You will learn how your body is like a vehicle and how to apply four tires to stay on the road to health to fulfill your calling.
- The Credibility Factor
- A 19-minute video part one interview with Daryn Pederson, Lead Pastor of New Beginnings Worship Center in South Dakota, who shares his story of losing over 80 pounds that was ignited by Fit Pastors Academy 1.0.
- You will also get access to a 28-minute video part two interview from him explaining in raw detail everything he did to overcome his weight surrendering in to the Lord and celebrating with his first triathlon finish.
MODULE 2: “Do I Have a Fueling Problem?”
- You will receiving very helpful content that combats fad-dieting and will encourage you to move beyond the yo-yo weight loss and gain.
- You will also hear why so many Americans are addicted to food and why so many binge.
- Sermon Mp3 “You’ve Been Punk’d”
- Fight Food Mantras
- A Simple Question
- A 20-minute video interview with Brian Pounds, Lead Pastor of First Assembly of God in Vernon Texas, shares his journey of conquering food addiction by losing over 30 pounds in Fit Pastors Academy 10.
- A 15-minute video interview with Shara Marhofer, who is a stay-at-home Mom and women’s leader in Boerne Texas, shares her battles openly about going to extremes at times in fear of losing her results she worked so hard to achieve. Hear her share about a near death wake-up call experience that helped her create a more balanced life-style of health.
MODULE 3: “Is My Vehicle Designed for More?”
- You are going to be rather complexed as we challenge you to rethink your move tire by tapping into your inner athlete.
- We will be challenging you to stop exercising and start training.
- We will also briefly share about not going too extreme in our journey of health.
- An 18-minute video interview with Paul Church, Lead Pastor of Dakota Ridge Church in Littleton Colorado, shares his journey of getting bit by the running bug going from a 5k to a sub-4 marathon finish and losing over 50 pounds. He shares how he inspired his entire church to make changes and the challenges of a recent health scare.
MODULE 4: “How Fast or Far Do I Want to Go?”
- Have you ever heard the term “Fat-Burning Zone”? What is that really and is it something you should tap into?
- We will also talk extensively about how to use hear rate during your workouts and how to measure it correctly to maximize weight loss.
- Lastly we will discuss the importance of two different kinds of stretching.
- Tips for the Fat Burning Zone
- Heart Rate Zones Chart
- Static & Dynamic Stretching Diagrams
- A 29-minute video interview with Becky Hennesy, who oversees the “Women of Worth” women’s ministry at Trinity Church in Cedar Hill Texas, shares how she uses exercise to cope with the stress of ministry and how running has stirred her church toward a greater level of prayer for their community.
MODULE 5: “Do I Need an Oil Change?”
- How important is H20?
- Is it really that bad to drink sugary drinks like sweet tea or cokes?
- What about diet drinks since they don’t have calories?
- We’re going to try and answer those questions for you, as well as hit on the confusing world of vitamins and supplements.
- Benefits of Water
- Supplement Tips & Benefits
- 8 Infographics on Fueling
- A 21-minute video interview with Ken Hood, Staff Wellness Expert at James River Assembly and part of our Fit Pastors team, shares all about water, supplements, and the priority of a health screening and what kind of difference that can make in our overall diet.
MODULE 6: “When Do I Need Fuel & How Do I Rev Up My Engine?”
- We’re going to dive into a topic that is kind of beneath the radar, perhaps you’ve never heard of it before. When we start talking about it you might question it’s validity but as we’ve coached people and watched them apply they’ve seen tremendous results. So what are we referring too? Carb-cycling. We will also talk extensively about the importance of tossing logs in your furnace to speed up your metabolism.
- Andi Scores
- The Ultimate Guide to Nuts
- Healthy Snack Recipes
- A 25-minute video interview with Mark Entzminger, Senior Director of Kids Ministries for the Assemblies of God, shares his life transformation in his pursuit of being a Fit Pastor for life. He discusses in detail lessons learned along his weight-loss journey.
MODULE 7: “What’s My Make & Model and Who Designed Me?”
- This module will teach you how amazing you really are and how beautifully God designed your body. We’re going to challenge your knowledge of your anatomy and physiology. Put on your thinking caps and be amazed at how incredible the human body really is!
- A 27-minute video interview with Greg Ford, Lead Pastor of One Church in Columbus Ohio, shares with us his philosophy of holistic leadership, how making physical health a priority has grown his credibility and influence, and offers practical tips to pastors and college students looking to get healthy.
MODULE 8: “How Do I Add to My Engine’s Power?”
- This module is worth the price of the entire academy right here. You will basically receive a walk-thru of what a personal trainer would discuss with you at a gym.
- You will be coached specifically on putting together a plan to keep your lift tire aired up. Get ready this one is priceless!
- You will learn the importance of muscle development, the benefits to hitting the gym, and the value of periodization.
- Example Workout Templates and Tracking Logs
- Reasons “Women” Ought to Strength Train
- Free Website Recommendations to Access Exercise Demonstrations
- A 16-minute video interview with Abe Mease, Fitness Director and Head Trainer at Lakeview Fitness Center in Maypearl Texas, shares with us tons of practical tips to approaching the gym and simple ways to start a strength training program.
- A 17-minute video interview with Mark Brewer, Executive Pastor at The Oaks Fellowship, who shares why he’s always made strength training a priority in his life and tips on how other pastors can do the same. He even mentions a stat that might seem surprising about longevity in relation to lifting.
MODULE 9: “What’s My Plan for Consistent Fueling?”
- We will teach you to put together a meal plan and how to prep your food. Most of us struggle with last-minute decisions that lead to poor fueling and quick fast-food choices.
- We’re going to challenge you to combat that by being better prepared!
- Food Tables & G-bombs
- Meal Planning Spreadsheet
- A 40-minute video interview with our very own nutrition expert Jeannie Douthit who talks extensively about her journey of hiding behind food, how she lost over 100 pounds, tons of advice on meal prep, and how planning ahead gives her success.
MODULE 10: “How Do I Approach the Gas Station?”
- This module’s content is going to be tremendously helpful to you!
- What do you do when you go to the grocery store?
- Are you even the one that does the shopping?
- Is their a wrong or right way?
- What are mistakes you can avoid and the top three rules to grocery shopping?
- We will teach you tons of good stuff and provide you tons of healthy recipes.
- Healthy Grocery Store List Spreadsheet
- A 33-minute video interview with Scott Wilson, Lead Pastor of The Oaks Fellowship in Red Oak Texas, shares his journey of losing over 40 pounds and finishing his first 10k with the help from Fit Pastors. He even mentions the fact that even though he’s a busy pastor, still finds the time to go to the grocery store himself and load up on healthy “go-to’s”.
- A 20-minute video interview with Dr. Ryan Mayeda, Chiropractor and Director of Kid’s for Kyla, shares the differences between “God Food” and “Man Food” and how we can know the difference to experience the most healthy grocery store shopping.
MODULE 11: “How Often Should I Take the Exit Ramp?”
- This module’s content goes even further with our REST tire and so excited to discuss with you about Sabbaticals.
- We will also remind you about the importance of a weekly Sabbath.
- Sabbatical Retreat Locations
- Ideas on Sabbaticals
- A 20-minute video interview with John Van Pay, Lead Pastor of Gateway Fellowship in Helotes Texas, who shares his story of losing over 60 pounds, becoming an Ironman, and why he implemented a sabbatical early on in planting the church and why it is an absolute must for pastors if they expect to have longevity in ministry.
MODULE 12: “How Can I Utilize Cruise Control?”
- You will hear the heart of Fit Pastors Founder Ricky Van Pay as he shares very openly about his own personal reflections and lessons learned on maintaining his 80 pounds of weight loss over a decade time frame.
- What is your plan for maintaining or is your plan to lose weight only to gain it back?
- We’ll teach you how to avoid that vicscious cycle.
- A Fitness Letter
- A 21-minute video interview with Chris Railey, Assemblies of God Director of National Leadership and Resources, shares his about his weight loss journey and how it isn’t a one size fits all. He shares how he’s had to fight for every single pound by “tightening the screw” slowly.
BONUS MODULE: “Is it OK to Speed Now and Then?”
- Have you ever heard of the notorious “Cheat Meal” or the concept of a weekly “Splurge”?
- Is that wrong? Is it the only way to be able to have sustainability in order not to experience deprivation?
- We will talk about the green, yellow, and red foods that if you’re not careful might send you down a slippery slope of self-sabotage.
- A 15-minute video interview with Jeanne Douthit, NASM Certified Trainer and Nutritionist guru, gives advice and recommendations on how to respond to those around us when feeling the pressure to conform to unhealthy eating habits in different scenarios.